TWELVE GIFTS FOR CHRISTMAS
The OutLook staff put together a list of a dozen different but fun gifts, which any of us would love to find tucked under our tree on Christmas morning. To make Santa’s job a bit easier, we’ve even included websites to find some of these treasures.
1. A birdfeeder, preferably squirrel–proof, and birdseed. A good bird identification book to go with it would be even more of a treat. www.Duncraft.com
2. So many of us are now travelers, a scale to weigh luggage would be very handy. www.ebags.com
3. Fruit delivered fresh to our door once a month for a year. www.organicbouquet.com
4. A basket filled with different coffees or teas. www.baltcoffee.com
5. A magazine subscription focusing on a special interest: Conde Nast Traveler, Sailing World or Cooking Light www.magazinesubscriptions.com
6. Membership to the AACCA concert series www.annearundelconcerts.50megs.com
7. A gift card offering two hours of the gift giver’s specific talent: computer instructions, gourmet cooking, piano lessons or kayaking.
8. So many of us are curious about yoga but haven’t done it yet. How about a gift certificate to an introductory class? www.ridgelyretreat.com
9. A gift box focused on a particular interest such as cookie baking, (mixes, cookie cutters, cookbook, sprinkles), gardening, (seed packets, hand tools), or for the beginning or wannabe knitter (needles, yarn, instruction book).
10. Tickets to a local theater www.TheColonialPlayers.org or www.KennedyCenter.org
11. A book on best hikes or bike trails in Maryland www.Amazon.com
12. And then for when we’re not out there getting our daily dose of exercise, a one-year subscription to Netflix, which allows a choice of two or three DVDs to watch per month www.Netflix.com
OutLook by the Bay magazine and this website are made possible through the support of our advertisers and subscribers. We guarantee you’ll learn something new each issue. Please subscribe today.